Reports To: Global Training Manager
Operational Reporting: Regional Data Centre Security Manager EMEA
Scope: EMEA based (primarily) – Global training programs
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring we maintain standardized, clear and concise training materials and exercises.
- Lead improvement in training efforts to ensure delivery of a consistent global message and mindset.
- Collaborate with Data Centre Site Security Managers (DCSMs) and SOC Managers to ensure training supports the ever-changing operational needs of sites especially during transition from construction to operations.
- Instruct and/or delegate training to be conducted by the site-based Training Coordinators.
- Identify opportunities in current security operations where training may have a positive impact.
- Travel to facilities and audit / review training and the delivery of training – provide critical feedback as required.
- Lead and offer guidance to help create new or revised training, education and awareness materials to mitigate threat or risk following a gap analysis or significant security event.
- Engage with security industry, ensure that the customer maintains a best in class Security Training program – bring forward new initiatives in training relevant to the Data Centre world.
- Collaborate with DCSMs and Regional management to help support the creation of specific site relevant training in support of bespoke operational challenges.
- Work in close collaboration with the DC-SOC Team to help drive global alignment and standardization of best practices.
- Support with regional reviews of existing Data Centers and third-party locations.
- Work with internal and external partners as required to support overall business goals.
- Provide frequent progress reports and status updates as required to Data Centre Security Management.
Special Skills and Attributes include:
- Leading Security Training programs – preferably in a DC environment.
- Experienced in Data Centre Security operations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efforts across regions.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills are required.
- Formal business qualification and or relevant management experience.
- Proven ability to influence key business partners and convey our mission.
- Strong organization and planning skills, ability to instruct and delegate works.
- Ability to manage workloads and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and strong business acumen.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe and Internationally as required.
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension Plan
- 25 days annual leave