Primary function is the prevention of anything that is likely to cause loss, waste, damage or inconvenience to the client or its customers
- Assists the security team in the providing of security services and related operations to the Customer premises. Duties will include client service and problem resolution, service enhancement, and training. Major duty of the Responder will be in conducting patrols of the data center to ensure the protection of Customer assets and property.
- Under the direct cognizance of the onsite Supervisor, conducts roving patrols of assigned interior and exterior areas of the premises. Included in the patrolling function is the maintenance of logs and records in accordance with the instructions contained in applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies security shortfalls via the organizational chain and offers suggestions for improving the security program.
- Maintains documentation and follows standardized procedures.
- Responds to critical events and alarms throughout the facility at the direction of the Supervisor.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must hold a valid Private Security Authority PSA (Ireland) Security Licence.
- Must have a reliable means of communication.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or European equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
A high school diploma is required. Work experience in the security industry, public service (police, fire), or military is desired.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Capable of learning a variety of security and safety devices and controls and trains for promotion to Supervisor.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Good computer skills are required.
- Oral and written communications skills. Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Must be P.C. literate
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform all essential functions effectively. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 5 Kilos and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 12 Kilos.
- Walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
- 4 weeks holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme after 9 - months service
- Christmas savings scheme
- Bicycle to work scheme
- Opportunities for progression
Securitas Security Services P.S.A. Licence number: 00352