Career in Security
Security Industry offers a variety of fulfilling, high-growth career opportunities with steady income opportunities and new challenges for individuals.
If you’re interested in starting a new career in the security industry, you’re in the right place!
From entry-level security guard and officer roles that can be learned on the job to a range of operational, specialist and managerial positions, there are opportunities that match your career goals, experience and educational background.
The security industry in Ireland is a regulated licensed industry, and all static security guards/ officers and personnel carrying out security functions as stipulated by PSA 28: 2013 Guarding Security Services standard have to be qualified and licensed a minimum to the Static Guarding Skills Training Course (QQI 4N1118) is mandatory in order to apply for a Static Guarding Licence from the Private Security Authority (PSA).
QQI Level 4 course provides learners with the skills, knowledge, and theory required by participants to prepare them for working as a security guard/ officer within a Private Security Sector.
Join our team - No experience necessary!
Staying safe is one of the most fundamental human needs. In a world where the threats to our safety is ever increasing and becoming more complex, our commitment at Securitas to help our clients make their world a safer place is more relevant than ever.
We're recruiting security officers and guards right through to a range of operational, specialist and managerial roles.
Securitas provides many growth opportunities, ongoing training and development courses to support you throughout your career.
If you have excellent customer service skills and experience working in the retail, food service, or hospitality industry, you are a great fit.
Our team will assist you with training and everything you need for a great introduction to a career in the security industry.
Fully-funded Static Guarding Skills Training Course (QQI 4N1118) and PSA Licence.
We are now offering a fully-funded Static Guarding Skills QQI Level 4 Training course (4N1118) to obtain the Private Security Authority (PSA) Static Guarding Licence for all new entrants into the industry.
Securitas is the world’s leading intelligent protective services partner. Our guarding, electronic security, fire and safety, and risk management solutions enable more than 150,000 clients to see a different world. We are present in 44 markets and our innovative, data-driven approach makes us a trusted partner to many of the world’s best-known companies. Our 350,000 employees live our values of integrity, vigilance and helpfulness, and our purpose is to help make your world a safer place.
Why work for Securitas?
- Industry-leading wages
- Continuous learning resources
- Diverse, equal & inclusive workplace
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Exceptional benefits
- Fantastic culture and environment
We are all about our people
At Securitas, our people are the most important. They come from many diverse backgrounds and bring with them a multitude of talents and perspectives. We aim for diverse representation throughout the company, and we stay committed to equal pay, gender balance, and by employing a diverse workforce. Our core values are Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness, which are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values too, come and join the Securitas team.
- Securitas Ireland is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Our goal is to increase diverse representation throughout the company.
- Securitas Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Securitas Ireland welcomes employment from people with diverse backgrounds such as race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- In-house schemes recognise and reward extraordinary achievements, long service and customer service. Exceptional employees are put forward for national industry and Securitas European accolades.
- We overlay our pay rates, which are location and role appropriate, with a best in sector packages to attract and retain the best people.
- We offer a range of great benefits designed to support our people and their families. These comprehensive benefits include discounted health care scheme, company pension, bike to work scheme, access to hundreds of discounts from well-known brands and retailers, access to hundreds of high-quality online education courses from some of the world’s leading learning institutions, ways to save for the future, and other resources to improve health and well-being.
- We operate an open-door policy, encouraging staff to ask questions and to contribute suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Our focus on training allows staff to develop their skills base and their career prospects. It also ensures that they feel confident in their role and motivate to learn and achieve.
- More than 75% of our managers progressed through the ranks in Securitas as part of our drive to retain talent and develop our people. This also represents effective succession planning to ensure that vacancies can be quickly filled in-house.
We invest in our people
No matter where you are in your career, there are many opportunities to learn and develop with Securitas. We provide a range of courses on our online learning management system, as well as on-the-job training and coaching. There are many opportunities to develop, add to your skills, or even take on a role in a different part of the business. Whatever suits you, we will help you maximize your potential.
Benefits at Securitas
At Securitas, we believe in rewarding our people for their hard work. We offer a range of great benefits designed to support our people and their families.
These comprehensive benefits include discounted health care scheme, company pension, bike to work scheme, access to hundreds of discounts from well-known brands and retailers, access to hundreds of high-quality online education courses from some of the world’s leading learning institutions, ways to save for the future, and other resources to improve health and well-being.
- Full-time 36 hours a week contract of employment with the ability to work up to 48 hours per week
- 24 hour EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) free confidential counselling and advice supporting our employees in a number of areas.
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme from the day you join the Company
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Christmas Savings Scheme
- Discounted Private Healthcare Scheme (Cash back on everyday medical costs, such as dental check-ups, optical, GP and Emergency Department visits.)
- Internal recognition schemes
- Bicycle to work scheme from the day you join the Company (Save up to 52% on a bike and accessories)
- Group Scheme (Access to hundreds of discounts from well-known brands and retailers, as well as access to hundreds of high-quality online education courses from some of the world’s leading learning institutions.)
- Employee Refer a friend incentives
- PSA License renewals paid by the company
- Life Assurance equal to one year’s basic pay as per Employment Regulation Order (ERO)
- Overtime as per the ERO
- Sick Pay Scheme as per ERO
- SIPTU Representation Rights